Three-day global event offers expert insights at the biggest gathering of Jenkins users in the world
SAN JOSE, CA. – JUNE 8, 2016 –The Jenkins community, the community of practitioners using open source Jenkins, today with lead organizing sponsor CloudBees, Inc., the enterprise Jenkins company and continuous delivery (CD) leader, announced this year’s keynote speakers and agenda for Jenkins World 2016. The conference is a global, three-day multi-track event comprised of everything Jenkins and will feature knowledge, insights and innovation from experts in DevOps and CD.
Jenkins World will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center, from Tuesday, September 13 to Thursday, September 15, and is expected to bring together the largest number of Jenkins users, experts and partners in the world. September 13 offers additional pre-conference learning opportunities, with the actual conference running on September 14-15.
“This year, Jenkins World will be the largest to date,” said Kawaguchi. “On the heels of Jenkins announcing its single most significant upgrade in over ten years, Jenkins World will be the ultimate experience for all Jenkins users – from core project developers who have been using Jenkins for years to those who are new to Jenkins. This event gives the opportunity for the community to discuss all the exciting things we’ve been working on, share best practices on usage, and help us all get the most out of Jenkins.”
Jenkins World offers:
- Pre-conference workshops, training and Jenkins certification: On September 13, attendees can attend workshops on various topics, take a two-day Jenkins training course and even take the exam to become a Certified Jenkins Engineer (CJE).
- On September 14, day one of the conference: Jenkins creator and CloudBees CTO Kohsuke Kawaguchi will deliver an opening keynote highlighting the Jenkins community and milestones reached this year, including the recently announced Jenkins 2.0 release. Kawaguchi will be followed by Sacha Labourey, CEO and founder of CloudBees, who will deliver a keynote highlighting the value of DevOps in the enterprise, and the market strategy for DevOps.
- On September 15, day two of the conference: Gary Gruver, author of “Leading the Transformation,” will share best practices for starting and scaling DevOps to get your organization to the next level.
- 50+ sessions: In total, more than 50 sessions will be given throughout the conference, from organizations such as: Electronic Arts, FINRA, GerritForge, Google, NPR, Riot Games, Shutterfly, Splunk and Verizon.
- Learn more and register here:
A sampling of sessions from the Jenkins World agenda include:
- Jenkins Inside Google from David Hoover, software engineer at Google
- Customer Session: Electronic Arts from Joshua Nixdorf, technical director at Electronic Arts
- JenkinsOps: An Initiative to Streamline and Automate Jenkins from Paul Miles, software development manager at NPR and Grant Dickie, software engineer at NPR
“I am thrilled to be speaking to the Jenkins community,” said Gruver. “In today’s enterprise, there needs to be a rock-solid strategy in place to get the most out of DevOps and agile. The Jenkins community is helping to drive these changes in companies around the world. I am excited to help them learn how to scale the benefits they are providing across the organization and hear more from them about their current challenges.”
In addition to CloudBees, the Premier sponsor, featured sponsors include: BlazeMeter, SOASTA, cPrime, Sauce Labs, JFrog, Codenvy, Sonatype, IncrediBuild, Black Duck Software, GerritForge, MacStadium, XebiaLabs, Perforce, Mobile Labs, InfoStretch, Perfecto Mobile, Site24x7 and Undo Software. Media sponsors include DZone.
- Register for Jenkins World:
- Become a Jenkins World Sponsor:
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com), the Enterprise Jenkins Company, is the continuous delivery (CD) leader. CloudBees provides solutions that enable DevOps teams to respond rapidly to the software delivery needs of the business. Building on the strength of Jenkins, the world’s most popular open source continuous delivery hub and ecosystem, the CloudBees Jenkins Platform provides a wide range of CD solutions that meet the unique security, scalability and manageability needs of enterprises. The CloudBees Jenkins Platform supports many of the world’s largest and most business-critical deployments.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Verizon Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
About Jenkins and the Jenkins Community
Jenkins is the leading open source automation server supported by a large and growing community of developers, testers, designers and other people interested in continuous integration, continuous delivery and other modern software delivery practices. Built on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), it provides more than 1,000 plugins that extend Jenkins to automate with practically any technology software delivery teams use.
The Jenkins community advocates the use of Jenkins to the global development community, serving as a central source for tutorials, forums and other helpful resources for Jenkins users of all experience-levels. By recognizing the numerous contributors to the Jenkins project, the project creates and fosters a community-powered infrastructure for maintaining and further developing Jenkins. You can follow the Jenkins community on Twitter (@JenkinsCI).
Gaby Berkman/Sarah Grucza