Ecosystem of Partner Services Helps Developers Accelerate Application Development and Deploy Cloud Applications Continuously
WOBURN, MA. - January 29, 2013 - CloudBees, Inc., the Java Platform as a Service (PaaS) innovation leader, today announced the addition of new Verified partners and their services to the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem, making it easier than ever for developers to quickly and easily build, test and deploy Java applications in the cloud.
This latest expansion of the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem offers developers access to even more services that work on the CloudBees Platform. Partners who join the Ecosystem at the Verified Solutions Partner level enjoy the benefit of exposing their services to thousands of cutting-edge Java developers at a very low barrier to entry.
“When a customer is selecting a platform to build, run and manage their applications, they’re looking for one that supports their specific application needs,” said Andrew Lee, vice president, business development, CloudBees. “The need might be for an IDE they’re familiar with, like Codenvy or IntelliJ IDEA; a load testing service, like BlazeMeter or Blitz; access to memcache servers, like Memcachier; a managed search capability, like with SearchBox; or a Big Data as-a-service solution, like Treasure Data. We strive to have breadth in the CloudBees Platform by providing essential services that offer both a curated experience and one filled with choice. The combination of CloudBees services and partner services addresses our mutual customers’ application needs.”
Erem Boto, co-founder of CloudBees customer Egraphs, said his company has tapped the CloudBees Ecosystem for deployment services to launch an innovative sports-related application. The Egraphs application provides customers a personalized voice message and an “egraph” - a digitally written note - from a sports star of their choice.
“The core functionality necessary to run a web-based business is provided to us by the CloudBees Platform,” said Erem Boto, co-founder, Egraphs. “However, the benefits available from the CloudBees Ecosystem are astonishing. There are many tested, verified and even integrated Ecosystem services available that we can use to streamline our development and deployment processes. The CloudBees-offered services along with other CloudBees Ecosystem services are going to be increasingly valuable to
us as our business continues to grow.”
Verified Solutions partner services have been tested and certified on the CloudBees Platform in order to help ensure a smooth experience for users.
New Verified Partner services include:
- BlazeMeter, a self-service, load-testing platform providing an enterprise grade, out-of-the-box load testing solution, fully compatible with Apache JMeter. With BlazeMeter’s Jenkins CI plugin, the continuous development process can now include JMeter-based cloud testing without having to set up test environments.
- Blitz, for testing app loads quickly, easily and for free. It helps them calculate the resources they’ll need for a given application by simulating the load on their apps. The Blitz plugin for Jenkins makes it easy to integrate load testing into existing continuous integration jobs.
- Codenvy (formerly eXo IDE), a cloud environment for coding, building, and debugging apps. Its development PaaS uses the cloud’s infinite resources to shorten development tasks while organizations simplify on-boarding, collaboration and compliance processes.
- Eranea, which delivers Cobol2Cloud, a suite of tools that run Cobol applications in the cloud to optimize their TCO and increase their reach via Internet. With Cobol2Cloud, customers can setting up the “transcoding factory” on DEV@cloud and run the transcoded applications on RUN@cloud.
- Heirloom Elastic COBOL, Leverage high-value trusted COBOL & CICS workloads on the Java platform and in the cloud. With Elastic COBOL, you can recompile commercial, on-line and batch workloads into Java source code so they execute 100% as Java applications.
- IntelliJ IDEA, the most intelligent Java IDE for web, enterprise and mobile development. It is focused on raising developer productivity and offers the most intelligent code assistance for cutting-edge languages and frameworks.
- Mailjet, an all-in-one solution to send, track and deliver both transactional and marketing emails. Its cloud-based infrastructure is unique and highly scalable. A proprietary technology built on the CloudBees platform optimizes the sending and deliverability of app emails.
- MemCachier, which manages and scales clusters of memcache servers so developers can focus on their apps. MemCachier offers the easiest, most advanced, managed memcache solution. Using MemCachier, developers never have to change their code when they increase or decrease capacity.
- Qworum, which allows developers to modularize and integrate their web applications with interactive services. It provides advanced browser capabilities for modularizing web applications and for integrating web applications with each other.
- RunMyProcess, which allows developers to build and run integrated workflow apps in the cloud. It is a cloud-based Platform as a Service (PaaS) on which developers design, integrate, run and manage a company’s business processes.
- SearchBox, a hosted, managed and scalable search as a service powered by ElasticSearch, the final frontier of search engines. SearchBox offers instant setup and easy integration, real-time, fast search results, automatic scalability with plan changes, direct support from developers, and 24/7 monitoring.
- Treasure Data, a pre-built, multi-tenancy cloud platform that is already delivering big data analytics to more than 50 customers in production, managing more than 200 billion rows of data and processing 130,000 jobs per day.
- Learn more about the CloudBees Platform:
- Learn more about the cloud services offered within the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem: http://www.cloudbees.com/platform/ecosystem/overview.cb
- Apply to be a CloudBees Ecosystem partner:
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com) turbo-charges the way Java applications are built and deployed to meet the rapid pace of business in an on-line and increasingly mobile world. By eliminating the friction caused by provisioning, maintaining and administering complex hardware and software infrastructure, we streamline and accelerate the entire Java application lifecycle from development to deployment. The CloudBees Platform provides a set of rich services that are easily consumed by developers, allowing them to rapidly build and deploy new business applications with zero IT administrative overhead. Our AnyCloud Service Architecture enables those applications to be easily deployed to any public, regional or enterprise cloud environment. CloudBees serves the needs of a wide range of businesses from small startups that want to focus on quickly creating new on-line businesses to large IT organizations that need to rapidly respond to new business application projects. Follow CloudBees on Twitter (@CloudBees) and on Facebook. You can also try CloudBees for free.
Backed by Matrix Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of middleware and open source technology professionals.
Mike O’Connell / Katelyn D’Eramo