New Verified Partners Expand CloudBees Platform Services Providing Developers with Greater Choice and Flexibility
WOBURN, MA – August 13, 2012 – CloudBees, Inc., the Java Platform as a Service (PaaS) innovation leader, announced the expansion of the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem by introducing several new services for the CloudBees Platform. The expansion of the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem gives developers access to even more platform-based services that help them to quickly and easily build, test and deploy Java applications in the cloud.
The new Verified Solution partner services include:
- HP ALI, a service that aggregates information from multiple development tools to establish complete ALM traceability. Through the CloudBees partnership, data from the Jenkins Continuous Integration server is now connected directly into HP ALM/ALI, minimizing the burden of administrative tasks such as reporting and environment set up.
- Librato Metrics, a cloud-based service that helps organizations to monitor all aspects of their operation, be it a cloud or datacenter infrastructure, applications, business metrics and even sensor networks.
- EnterpriseDB Postgres Plus Cloud Database, a service that allows organizations to use elastic and highly scalable Database as a Service (DBaaS) environments while freeing DBAs and application developers from the rigors of setting up and administering modern and robust database environments.
- FoxWeave, a data integration service that helps enterprises synchronize business data across all their cloud and in-house systems and databases.
- Logentries, a cloud-based log management and system intelligence platform that collects, analyzes and visualizes log data in real time. The service enhances the raw log data with vendor specific intelligence, annotating raw logs with relevant platform information.
- CloudMine, a platform that provides server-side components out-of-the-box so mobile application developers can focus on creating more engaging mobile and web apps. By eliminating the unnecessary tedium of building custom back-end solutions, CloudMine enables developers to focus on the real, fun challenges of creating great apps.
Verified Solution partner services are tested and certified by CloudBees to ensure compatibility with the CloudBees Platform and a smooth user experience.
“The CloudBees Partner Ecosystem brings partners together from across the entire application lifecycle and provides easy, proven-to-work access to the full suite of build, deploy, monitor and manage services that development teams require,” said Andrew Lee, vice president of business development, CloudBees. “The new Verified Partner services give developers even more options to help them assemble and deploy applications in the cloud, without having to worry about any of the underlying IT infrastructure.”
“A common reason to deploy applications in the cloud is to minimize the resources required to manage IT infrastructure, freeing developers to focus on building applications,” said Fred van den Bosch, CEO, Librato. “With Librato Metrics’ time series data management service, developers do not need to host a set of tools for storing, visualizing, analyzing and acting on application monitoring data. We are thrilled to join the CloudBees Ecosystem and provide an easier way for developers to monitor every aspect of application health, post-deployment.”
“EnterpriseDB is proud to partner with CloudBees to drive down the complexity of application development and deployment,” said Karen Padir, executive vice president of products, EnterpriseDB.
“We know developers would rather write great code than set up and maintain databases. Deploying EnterpriseDB’s Postgres plus Cloud Database instantly creates an Oracle-compatible database cluster for applications deployed on CloudBees RUN@cloud. Developers are up and running in minutes.”
“CloudBees has done an amazing job helping developers get more from the cloud, by removing so much of the hassle of developing and deploying Java applications,” said Tom Fennelly, CEO, FoxWeave. “FoxWeave further simplifies the development process by making it easier to connect applications to external SaaS and database services running in the cloud and in-house. We are delighted to partner with CloudBees to help remove this additional layer of overhead for developers, so they can spend more time adding value to their applications.”
“We see more and more developers choosing PaaS as it frees them up from performing IT maintenance activities,” said Trevor Parsons, CEO and Co-founder, Logentries. “Logentries is a natural fit for any developer on the CloudBees platform. We give developers easy access to their log data and provide a bunch of analytics on top of their logs. Especially powerful is our unique log intelligence feature, which alerts teams about serious issues so their applications should never fail silently.”
“CloudMine is happy to integrate with CloudBees, liberating developers from maintaining databases and servers,” said Brendan McCorkle, CEO, CloudMine. “CloudBees provides the robust platform needed to deploy JVM-based applications in the cloud. CloudMine then adds a suite of mobile-specific functionality so applications can be used on a user-defined device of choice.”
For More Information:
- Learn about cloud services offered within the CloudBees Partner Ecosystem: www.cloudbees.com/platform-ecosystem.cb
- Apply to be a CloudBees Ecosystem partner: http://www.cloudbees.com/platform-ecosystem-join.cb
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com) turbo-charges the way Java applications are built and deployed to meet the rapid pace of business in an on-line and increasingly mobile world. By eliminating the friction caused by provisioning, maintaining and administering complex hardware and software infrastructure, we streamline and accelerate the entire Java application lifecycle from development to deployment. The CloudBees platform provides a set of rich services that are easily consumed by developers, allowing them to rapidly build and deploy new business applications with zero IT administrative overhead. Our AnyCloud Service Architecture enables those applications to be easily deployed to any public, regional or enterprise cloud environment. CloudBees serves the needs of a wide range of businesses from small startups that want to focus on quickly creating new on-line businesses to large IT organizations that need to rapidly respond to new business application projects.
Backed by Matrix Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of middleware and open source technology professionals.