Company’s 181 percent revenue increase driven by enterprise adoption of Jenkins for continuous delivery
LOS ALTOS, CA. – February 4, 2015 – CloudBees, Inc., the Enterprise Jenkins Company and continuous delivery leader, today announced significant growth in 2014 validating the company’s strategy to focus its core business entirely on the emerging field of continuous delivery powered by Jenkins. CloudBees’ revenues related to its Jenkins-based continuous delivery products nearly tripled in 2014, growing by 181 percent over the previous year.
CloudBees’ record sales were driven by enterprise investments in continuous delivery by leading brands across many vertical industries. The company secured business during 2014 from global brands such as: Amadeus, 3M, TIAA-CREF, Intuit, Alcatel-Lucent, Discover Financial Services, Fidelity, Lufthansa, Fannie Mae, Amdocs, Hyatt Hotels, Disney, PG&E, Northrup Grumman, USDA, Robert Bosch, EMC, Verizon, ABN AMRO, Nordstrom, Cisco and T-Mobile.
“Our outstanding performance in 2014 demonstrates that continuous delivery is a strategic enterprise initiative and Jenkins sits at the hub of that initiative,” said Sacha Labourey, CEO and founder of CloudBees. “The sharp uptick in revenue, the acceptance by major brands and the continuing momentum we’re seeing in our business going into 2015 show that we are poised for even greater success going forward.”
CloudBees showed evidence of its growth and success this past week when it announced the closing of a new round of $23.5 million in growth funding. The latest commitment, led by longtime investor Lightspeed Venture Partners, brings the overall investment in CloudBees to nearly $50 million since the company’s founding in 2010. It represents a major endorsement of CloudBees’ strategy and its ability to execute, while also acknowledging the company’s strong financial performance.
In 2014, CloudBees announced a series of significant product releases, better enabling enterprises to use Jenkins at scale for more complex software delivery processes, including:
- Enhancements to CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise leveraging the new Jenkins Workflow feature represents a major leap forward for software delivery teams to easily model and visualize simple through complex continuous delivery pipelines. Checkpoint/Restart provides visibility into the exact status of workflow pipelines and allows for rapid recovery in the event of a failure during the delivery process.
- Enhancements to CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center enable Jenkins administrators to monitor Jenkins activities across the enterprise, including the ability to slice and dice through analytics provided via the new CloudBees Jenkins Analytics.
During the year, CloudBees also increased its employee base by 25 percent, attracting top talent in management roles to drive company execution in key areas such as marketing, sales, support, services, partners and channels. Significant new hires include:
- James Brown, director of technical support
- Dan Juengst, senior director of product marketing
- Balaji Muthuvarathan, director of professional services
- Andrew Pemberton, senior director of solutions architects
- Durga Sammeta, director of global alliances
CloudBees also made several significant promotions during the year: Francois Déchery, CloudBees’ co-founder, to vice president of services; Harpreet Singh, to vice president of product management; Heidi Gilmore to senior director of marketing communications; and Cyrille Le Clerc to director of product management.
In 2015, CloudBees plans to further scale-up and scale-out the company to meet worldwide demand. The company will scale-up its go-to-market capabilities to help more and more companies around the globe successfully adopt continuous delivery at scale. The company will also scale-out its product offerings to cover a wider range of continuous delivery scenarios and companies that can benefit from continuous delivery.
- Learn more about CloudBees and Jenkins:
- Learn more about CloudBees’ focus on continuous delivery with Jenkins:
- Learn more about the CloudBees offerings:
- Learn more about CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise:
- Learn more about CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center:
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com), the Enterprise Jenkins Company, is the continuous delivery (CD) leader. CloudBees provides solutions that enable IT organizations to respond rapidly to the software delivery needs of the business. Building on the strength of Jenkins CI, the world’s most popular open source continuous delivery hub and ecosystem, the CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform provides a wide range of CD solutions for use on-premise and in the cloud that meet the unique security, scalability and manageability needs of enterprises. The CloudBees Jenkins-based CD solutions support many of the world’s largest and most business-critical deployments.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Verizon Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Katelyn Campbell / Mike O’Connell