New Product Releases Provide Enterprises More Value from Jenkins in Areas Such as Pipeline Visualization, Restartable Pipelines, Cluster Operations and Performance and Build Analytics
LOS ALTOS, Calif. – December 9, 2014 – CloudBees, the Enterprise Jenkins Company and continuous delivery leader, today announced major new versions of CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise and CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center, extending the ability of Jenkins to meet the continuous delivery needs of enterprises. As businesses extend their use of Jenkins for continuous delivery, the new product features enable them to scale Jenkins for large and complex software delivery operations and manage process workflows of any complexity.
The new product releases provide:
- Additional Jenkins Workflow features to visualize software delivery pipelines and recover from failures
- More capabilities for admins to centrally manage clusters of Jenkins masters
- Build and performance analytics
CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
This release introduces enhancements that enable visualization of delivery pipelines and recovery from failures that occur while pipeline processes are running. The functionality in this release builds significantly on the functionality contained in the recently announced open source Jenkins Workflow plugin.
- Workflow Stage View provides users the ability to easily visualize delivery pipelines set up with Jenkins Workflow. The new functionality shows the end-to-end pipeline status and enables users to graphically view pipeline performance.
- Checkpoint/Restart enables recovery from both infrastructure or Jenkins failures that impact pipelines. In the event of a failure, the pipeline can be restarted from any of the previous successful checkpoints, instead of from the beginning. This is extremely valuable in the case of long-running builds that may take hours or days to run.
CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center
This release adds the ability for administrators to perform management operations on a cluster of Jenkins masters and analyze Jenkins performance.
- Cluster Operations simplifies the management of Jenkins by allowing one operational command to simultaneously act on a group of Jenkins masters versus administering individual masters. The cluster operations include actions such as: starting/ restarting client masters, installing and upgrading plugins and upgrading the Jenkins core.
- CloudBees Jenkins Analytics provides operational insight into Jenkins performance. Performance aspects include Jenkins-specific build and executor performance across a cluster of masters and standard JVM-based performance metrics. CloudBees Jenkins Analytics also make the monitoring of multiple masters easier by adding a number of new graphs that show performance for build queues and persistence for views across master restarts. The feature also includes new visualization graphs built in Kibana and ElasticSearch, delivering the ability to quickly drill down into individual client performances.
“Enterprises are looking for more functionality as they utilize Jenkins for mission critical application delivery in their organizations. For large, complex projects, the enhancements we are releasing today provide greater visibility into Jenkins operations and the ability to derive more value from using Jenkins,” said Harpreet Singh, vice president of products, CloudBees. “The new releases build on the recently-announced open source Jenkins Workflow, providing both enterprise functionality and a streamlined, easier-to-manage continuous delivery process.”
- Read What’s New:
- Attend the December 10th webinar about Jenkins Workflow:
- Download the white paper, Continuous Delivery with Jenkins:
About the Jenkins Community
Jenkins (http://jenkins-ci.org) is an independent open source project developed for and by the Jenkins community. Jenkins is the leading platform for continuous delivery. Built with Java, it provides more than 1,000 plugins to support the building, testing and delivery of virtually any project.
The Jenkins Community helps advocate the use of Jenkins to the larger development community, serving as a central source for tutorials, forums and other helpful resources for Jenkins users of all skill-levels. By recognizing the numerous contributors to the Jenkins project, the Jenkins Community creates and fosters a community-powered infrastructure for maintaining and further developing Jenkins.
CloudBees (www.cloudbees.com), the Enterprise Jenkins Company, is the continuous delivery (CD) leader. CloudBees provides solutions that enable IT organizations to respond rapidly to the software delivery needs of the business. Building on the strength of Jenkins CI, the world’s most popular open source continuous delivery hub and ecosystem, the CloudBees Continuous Delivery Platform provides a wide range of CD solutions for use on-premise and in the cloud that meet the unique security, scalability and manageability needs of enterprises. The CloudBees Jenkins-based CD solutions support many of the world’s largest and most business-critical deployments.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Verizon Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
Katelyn Campbell / Mike O’Connell