Guidelines for Using the CloudBees Trademarks
Updated April 15, 2018
These guidelines are for CloudBees licensees, authorized partners, customers and other parties wishing to use the CloudBees trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional or reference materials, or on their websites. Use of the CloudBees marks for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of CloudBees may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of CloudBees trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a CloudBees mark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a CloudBees authorized reseller or member of a CloudBees program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
The CloudBees trademarks, service marks, trade names and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a CloudBees trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that CloudBees is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with CloudBees’ rights in the trademark, including by challenging CloudBees’ use of, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any CloudBees trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a CloudBees trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to CloudBees. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact the legal department at CloudBees.
Authorized Use of CloudBees Marks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only CloudBees and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the CloudBees Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the CloudBees Logo only as specified in their agreement with CloudBees and any associated Guidelines, and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their agreement with CloudBees.
Authorized CloudBees Reseller
(partnership type may be different, this is an example)
2. Compatibility: Customers may use CloudBees marks in a referential phrase on promotional or advertising materials to describe that the third party is a customer of CloudBees, provided they comply with the following requirements.
a. The CloudBees mark is not part of the product name.
b. The CloudBees word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “powered by,” “developed with,” etc.
c. All statements are accurate.
d. The reference to CloudBees does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with CloudBees or the CloudBees products or services.
e. The use does not show CloudBees or its products or services in a false or derogatory light.
3. Web Sites: Websites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a CloudBees product or technology may use the appropriate CloudBees word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of CloudBees Trademarks
1. Company, Product or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, any CloudBees mark, including CloudBees-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. CloudBees Logo: You may not use the CloudBees Logo or any other CloudBees-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with websites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from CloudBees, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use any variation of the CloudBees logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff or abbreviation of a CloudBees mark for any purpose.
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use a CloudBees mark or any other CloudBees-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use any CloudBees mark, including CloudBees-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply a CloudBees affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing any CloudBees mark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from CloudBees.
7. CloudBees Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive CloudBees website design, logos or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a CloudBees slogan or tagline, including without limitation: SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS, MAKE SOFTWARE THAT MATTERS, THE HUB OF ENTERPRISE JENKINS AND DEVOPS.
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical CloudBees mark in a domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of CloudBees Marks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
Correct: I purchased subscriptions to two CloudBees products.
Not Correct: I subscribed to CloudBees.
3. Always spell and capitalize the CloudBees marks exactly as they are shown in the CloudBees Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate CloudBees product names. Do not make up names that contain CloudBees marks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
1. Use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the CloudBees mark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure or other material.
2. Refer to the CloudBees Trademark List for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the CloudBees Logo, where the symbol appears at the right foot).
c. Include an attribution of ownership by CloudBees of its marks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of CloudBees, Inc.
_________ and _______ are trademarks of CloudBees, Inc.
2. Distribution Outside the United States:
a. Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.[HG1] [WP2]
b. Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of CloudBees, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of CloudBees, Inc.
For further information with respect to the CloudBees marks, please submit your request in writing to the legal team at CloudBees.