Are you excited about Docker? I know I am! In fact, I had just returned *yesterday from OpenStack Summit in Tokyo, where I gave a talk on Managing Microservices at scale with OpenStack and Docker. Container technology promises to provide version-able, environment-independent application services in a snap. However, the tasks and tools involved in creating, validating, promoting and delivering Docker containers into production environments are many, complex and time-consuming. This morning on Continuous Discussions we discussed some of the opportunities and challenges of this technology, and ways to successfully incorporate Docker as part of your end-to-end pipeline.
- Why is Docker (and containerization — which has been around for a LONG time but is now getting lots of attention) so exciting?
- What are some of the challenges of “containerizing” your applications?
- How is this technology being used today? Where is it finding the most usage?
- What lessons have you learned in managing containers in your pipeline?
- How do microservices drive containers, or vice-versa?
(*please excuse me if I looked a bit jet-lagged on #c9d9 earlier, I'm still on Tokyo-time :))
Watch the Replay of this episode:
This episode features:
On the next episode of Continuous Discussions:
Episode 29: Security and Compliance as part of your DevOps processes
Join us on November 24 to discuss best practices for enforcing security and ensuring compliance and auditability as part of your DevOps processes. This episode will feature:
Stay up to date
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise.