CloudBees Flow offers a flexible and scalable platform for modeling and automating your DevOps processes. New in version 7.3 , you can now expose your DevOps automation to your end users in an intuitive way with the new Self-Service Catalog. With the new Self-Service Catalog, you can:
- Use some of the out of the box templates that come with the product for the most common environment stacks, applications models, pipelines, processes, etc.
- Or, customize these and create your own re-usable templates for common DevOps processes and configurations that your team uses.
The Self-Service Catalog helps you accelerate your DevOps adoption and promote DevOps best practices and consistent processes throughout the organization. By allowing you to automate routine DevOps tasks and publish them as templates to your end users, you enable them to become more productive faster - so they can use these template by providing minimal information, and without having to learn the ins-and-outs of using the full platform.
How to get started with the Self-Service Catalog in CloudBees Flow:
Let's review the steps for using the out of the box templates that come with the product, or creating your own re-usable templates:
1Use one of the out-of-the-box catalog templates:
The self service catalog comes with a set of templates that leverage best practices and out of the box content to start creating applications, environments, pipelines and more, with just a few simple steps.
CloudBees Flow Self Service Catalog The catalog provides out of the box templates for:
- Applications : Choose your application stack and enter the associated parameters to create your new application that is ready to deploy. These applications reference new out of the box master components with best practice deployment processes for different application stacks.
- Cloud Provisioning: Create a new dynamic environment configured with to your cloud provider and configuration management system, to dynamically spin up and configure targets at deployment time.
- Containers: Model your container based application with details for deploying the services and containers, or create a new environment with configuration for your container runtime platform.
- Pipelines: Common pipelines such as 3-stages, and more.
To use the out of the box templates, follow these simple steps:
- Select the catalog item. In this example, we are creating a new JBoss Application. Click ‘Create’ to start
- Enter the parameters for your new application. For the new JBoss Application: Enter the application details including name and version, as well as deployment details like the artifact name, JBoss configuration and runtime information.
- Click OK, then click create and create the new content, and click ‘Yes’ to view the new JBoss Application:
- Your application is ready!
2Create your own self-service template:
CloudBees Flow enables you to create your own catalog items, to make it easy for your end users to start getting value for your DevOps initiative faster. This is great for onboarding of new applications or other objects onto CloudBees Flow, leveraging your established automation and best practices. New users can start their own applications, pipelines and deployments easily and quickly, by finding the right catalog item to fit their needs, entering the parameters, and clicking 'go'. New catalog items are DSL-based and easy to generate. They can expose application models, processes, environments, pipelines -- or even directly call procedures or workflows. Visit the docs for more details for creating your own catalog item.
Get Started with CloudBees Flow and the Self-Service Catalog:
The Self-Service Catalog allows new users to quickly onboard and become productive in CloudBees Flow. The best practice out of the box content provides a place to get started, with the added ability to easily customize and extend the catalog with custom templates that expose your own automation and unique DevOps processes. I invite you to download CloudBees Flow and try it now!
Stay up to date
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise.