Chariot Solutions ' Ken Rimple featured our very own Jenkins founder, Kohsuke Kawaguchi, on his Chariot Techcast Podcast this week. Kohsuke created Jenkins as a way to make sure he didn’t forget to check in files for the CVS projects he contributed to…. and now tens of thousands of developers worldwide use the tool for continuous integration. (A survey last month shows that 82% of them consider Jenkins mission-critical to their development process!)
In the interview, Kohsuke discusses…
• The challenges in developing a tool like Jenkins
• Motivations for building Jenkins and developing on his own when no one was using it
• Differences now that Jenkins is such a big hit
• How he came up with the plug-in system and transparency of project and developer community
• How the name Jenkins came to be
• Current efforts to improve Jenkins
• And more...
Stay up to date
We'll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise.