In addition to 100+ conference sessions, training and workshops are being offered pre-conference featuring topics such as DevOps leadership skills, CI/CD, Jenkins X, cloud native and more.
SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA – July 24, 2018 – CloudBees, the conference organizer of DevOps World | Jenkins World, today announced a full program of training and workshops at the upcoming DevOps World | Jenkins World 2019 conference in San Francisco from August 12-15.
Training courses at DevOps World | Jenkins World are taught by experts with in-depth continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps experience. These courses focus on student-learning through hands-on exercises. Topics covered include: DevOps leadership, DevSecOps engineering, and both fundamentals and intermediate courses about CloudBees Core, Jenkins X, Jenkins and Jenkins Pipeline.
Workshops provide attendees with learning in areas such as: application release orchestration, continuous delivery with Jenkins on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Kubernetes and cloud native application development, defining continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline, using feature flags and more.
All training courses and workshops will take place on Monday, August 12 and Tuesday, August 13, while the opening keynote for the formal conference kicks off on the afternoon of August 13.
TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE - All Held on August 12 and 13
- DevOps Leader Certification Course
This is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organization by implementing DevOps.
- DevSecOps Engineering Certification Course
Participants will learn the purpose, benefits, concepts, and vocabulary of DevSecOps; particularly how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization.
- CloudBees Core - Fundamentals
This session introduces the components and supported configurations of the CloudBees Core product suite and also explains the value and configuration of key proprietary features provided with CloudBees Core to enhance the capabilities of Jenkins.
- Continuous Delivery with Jenkins X
This training session explores how to create a fully operational continuous delivery pipeline using containers, Kubernetes, Jenkins X, and quite a few other tools.
- Jenkins Admin I - Fundamentals
This course provides an in-depth introduction to using the Jenkins Dashboard to run and manage builds, how to configure builds and the Jenkins instance, and how to use the security facilities that are provided with Jenkins, CloudBees Jenkins Distribution, and CloudBees Core.
- Jenkins Admin II - Intermediate
New this year, this session expands the information from Jenkins Administration - Fundamentals with more information about Jenkins upgrades, scaling Jenkins with custom scripts and Docker containers, disaster recovery, managing artifacts, security, logging and more.
- Jenkins Pipeline I - Fundamentals
The course consists of lectures with follow-along labs plus lab exercises on how to create and run Declarative Pipelines and is a prerequisite for the Jenkins Pipeline - Intermediate class.
- Jenkins Pipeline II – Intermediate
This course expands the information from Jenkins Pipeline - Fundamentals with topics such as how to implement Scripted Pipelines, how to create and use Shared Libraries and how to define Docker agents and use them in your pipelines.
WORKSHOP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE - All Held on August 13
- Application Release Orchestration – Why Me? Why Now?
The course discusses the use of Application Release Orchestration as part of the Digital Transformation process to bring your company into the next phase of managing software deliveries.
- Intro to Jenkins X with CloudBees Jenkins X Distribution
Attendees will learn how to start developing with Jenkins X.
- Jenkins Pipeline Fundamentals Short Course
This workshop introduces Blue Ocean and Declarative Pipelines as an easy, interactive way to define continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Continuous Delivery with Jenkins on Google Kubernetes Engine
In this workshop, attendees will be guided through the installation, configuration and use of Jenkins on Google Kubernetes Engine with a Helm chart.
- DevSecOps Workshop: Security at a DevOps Speed
Attendees will learn how to easily set up a Jenkins pipeline to automatically scan, detect, understand, and remediate known-vulnerable open source components.
- Crush Every Deployment with Feature Flags
In this workshop, attendees will learn all about feature flags, implement feature flags using CloudBees Rollout, and get a chance to manage feature flags and their deployments through an easy to use dashboard.
- Introduction to Declarative Pipeline for Kubernetes
This workshop will provide a basic understanding of how to create and manage Declarative Pipelines as Jenkins CI/CD while leveraging developer focused features of CloudBees Core.
- Kubernetes Academy – Cloud Native Fundamentals
Attendees will be introduced to containers and cloud native concepts, while getting comfortable with Kubernetes constructs and configurations.
- Gain Visibility and Insights to Build CI into your Software Delivery Practice
Attendees will learn how to get full visibility into your CD platform and optimally support your product development teams, through system availability and usage data, and be able to put their new skills to use through a 30-day free trial of DevOptics premium with full functionality.
- Mixing SaaS CI/CD with Jenkins
Attendees will learn how to get low-governance projects, new projects and small projects off of expensive, mission-critical, on-premise infrastructure and out of the DevOps backlog by letting team developers drive their own CI/CD with #NoOps and no overhead.
Featured Sponsors of DevOps World | Jenkins World Include:
- Headline sponsor: CloudBees
- Showcase sponsor: Google Cloud
- Premier sponsors: Sonatype and VMware
- Elite sponsors: Delphix, IBM, KPMG, MacStadium, Sauce Labs and JFrog
- Spotlight sponsors: GitHub, Go2Group, Harness, LogDNA, Micro Focus, Neocortix, NowSecure, Perfecto, Plutora, SmartBear, Snyk, SonarSource and WhiteSource Software
- Supporting sponsors: Applitools, BMC, Checkmarx, CircleCI, Codefresh, Column Technologies, Compuware, Contrast Security, CryptoMove, CyberArk, Datical, Denim Group, DLT, ECS Digital, FOSSA, GitLab, HCL UrbanCode, iTMethods, LaunchDarkly, Linode, Linux Academy, Neotys, Perforce, Split, Synopsys, Sysdig, Twistlock, VictorOps, XebiaLabs and Xpand-IT (XRay)
- Exhibitor sponsors: GitKraken by Axosoft, Gradle, Honeycomb, Incredibuild, Instana, Mattermost, OverOps, Scalyr and Zebrium
- Innovator sponsors: Aplima Solutions, ASPE, ATTO Technology, Inc., Carahsoft, DevOps Institute, Diamanti, Grape Up, Infostretch, OpsMx, ServiceNow, Verifa and Wallarm.
- Training partners: Aplima Solutions, ECS Digital and Infostretch. DevOps Institute is a training sponsor and also sponsor of the Continuous Learning Track.
- Media sponsors: DevOps.com, DZone, InfoQ, PTechBeacon
Additional Resources for DevOps World | Jenkins World 2019
- Visit the Conference Website
- View the agenda for DevOps World | Jenkins World, San Francisco
- Register for DevOps World | Jenkins World, San Francisco
(Use promo code DWJW20 and get a 20% discount off your registration
- Register for DevOps World | Jenkins World, Lisbon
CloudBees is powering the continuous economy by offering the world’s first end-to-end continuous software delivery management system (SDM). For millions of developers and product teams driving innovation for businesses large or small, SDM builds on continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) to enable all functions and teams within and around the software delivery organization to best work together to amplify value creation.
CloudBees is the CI, CD and application release orchestration (ARO) powerhouse, built on the commercial success of its products as well as its open source leadership. CloudBees is the largest contributor to Jenkins and Jenkins X and a founding member of the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). From startups with full-stack developers practicing NoOps to large Fortune 100 companies, CloudBees enables all software-driven organizations to intelligently deploy the right capabilities at the right time.
Over 3,500 of the world’s best-known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom. CloudBees is home to the world’s leading DevOps experts, helping thousands of companies harness the power of “continuous everything” and putting them on the fastest path from great idea, to great software, to great business value.
Backed by Matrix Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Verizon Ventures, Delta-v Capital, Golub Capital and Unusual Ventures, CloudBees was founded in 2010 by former JBoss CTO Sacha Labourey and an elite team of continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps professionals. Follow CloudBees on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.