Using Value Stream Management to Optimize DevOps Workflow
While DevOps is acknowledged as delivering on an organization’s innovation goals, it is not prescriptive in terms of workflows or activities, nor indeed toolsets. And, as many organizations are discovering, simply ‘doing’ DevOps, or employing continuous integration and delivery tools and frameworks, does not always lead to innovation nirvana. As development, testing, and deployment processes are automated, attention turns to ensuring that the end-to-end process delivers effective results, with maximum efficiency.
Value Stream Management is a discipline that focuses on the value delivered at each step. It defines the optimum stream for a given scenario, with best results and at a reduced cost. Delivering on this theory can depend on where organizations are on the DevOps journey. Less mature organizations may prefer more prescriptive solutions with the right kinds of guardrails in place, offering the best way to solve a particular kind of problem, such as developing a mobile app or deploying a cloud-based scalable solution. Other, more sophisticated enterprises, may look at how to connect teams, tools, and applications for a single view across the software delivery process.
This free one-hour webinar from GigaOm Research brings together leading experts in DevOps, featuring GigaOm Principal Analyst, Jon Collins and Karan Malhi, Director of Product Management, from CloudBees. In this webinar, we look at how Value Stream Management offers a roadmap towards better, faster software delivery and operational excellence. We consider:
- The importance of visibility and insight across all value streams to effectively measure and manage DevOps performance.
- How to access key benchmark metrics and track performance as a basis to learn, improve, and deliver better results at reduced costs.
- Practical examples and real-world case studies to show how Value Stream Management can be part of an organization’s innovation journey.
Register now to join GigaOm Research and CloudBees for this free one-hour expert thought leadership webinar.
Who Should Attend:
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Technology Officer
- Head of Development
- Head of Enterprise Architecture
- VP/Director/Manager of Information Technology
- VP/Director/Manager of Engineering