This case study of a Global 500 computer hardware company is based on a May 2014 survey of CloudBees Accelerator customers by TechValidate, a 3rd-party research service. The profiled company asked to have their name blinded to protect their confidentiality.
Purchased CloudBees Accelerator to address the following challenges:
- Slow builds
- Poor utilization of IT infrastructure
- Lack of reporting and visibility into the software build process
- Unreliable parallel builds
Creates the following types of software: Software designed to run on a device (embedded)
Uses CloudBees Accelerator for the following: Build acceleration
The following CloudBees Accelerator capabilities were strong factors in purchasing CloudBees Accelerator:
- Build acceleration
- Build parallelization
- Distributed builds using multiple servers
- The ability to reliably complete distributed builds
- The ability to more efficiently use shared pools of infrastructure
Realized the following benefits with CloudBees Accelerator:
- Faster time to market for software products
- Reduced cost of software delivery
- Improved IT infrastructure utilization
- Insight into the software build process
The following groups benefit from the use of CloudBees Accelerator: Build engineering teams. Their builds are 5x-9x faster with CloudBees Accelerator.
The company also improved its IT infrastructure utilization by 25-49 with CloudBees Accelerator.